Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Blog: Unemployed Catholic School Teacher

Suzanne Mettler, a kindergarten teacher at a soon-to-be-shuttered Catholic school in the Diocese of Rochester, has started a blog about her experiences. Click here to visit it.

An excerpt: We will be done with school in less than 1 month. It's hard to believe. My kids ( 6 year olds) have been quite vocal about the school closing. A little boy stated that 'as soon as Graduation is done, my school will close.' He started crying and I tried to reassure him and the others that things would be all right.

1 comment:

Silence DoGood said...

Good luck to you. My wife's in the same boat and it's looking rather slim in the elementary area for job openings.

Frankly the best help anyone can give to a Diocese of Rochester former teacher is a teaching lead.

I wonder how many of the kids will be in RCSD this September.