Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bid Your Way to a Private Meeting with Bishop Clark

Finally! For the hundreds of frustrated parents who have been spurned in their efforts to have a direct conversation with Bishop Matthew Clark regarding the closing of their children's schools, we've found a solution (but it will cost you).

As part of the annual WXXI auction, you can bid on the opportunity to have a one-on-one lunch with the Bishop at Critic's Restaurant in the Greece Ridge Mall. The bidding closes Saturday evening, so make your offer now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we know the only path to the bishop is through the wallet. It would be wonderful if someone closely affected by these school closings were to win this. Not that the bishop would be receptive to our concerns, clearly that has been demonstrated. But how about some accountability? I do take offense to the description of the meeting particularly, 'one of Rochester's favorites'. Who wrote that? Mandolero?

Anonymous said...

You gotta be kidding me!

Anonymous said...

I say we all chip in and bid together (not that I want to give the DOR any money) but what if we placed 1 bid and won!! We would have our own forum at lunch and demand accountability!!! He's taking a dangerous risk signing up for lunch--what if he actually HAD to answer questions?? Doug Mandalero would probably prep him first, huh??

Anonymous said...

The money doesn't go to the DOR, it goes to WXXI. I'd chip in, but wouldn't go myself. I don't think I'd be able to keep my lunch down.